Sunday, September 02, 2012

Keeping up appearances

Ten days from now I'll be boarding yet another airplane to make my way back to North America.  This time I'm taking my parents on the trip of a lifetime through Canada and New York.  No doubt there will be plenty of new posts to share in the weeks ahead. 

As a result, I've been working hard to complete a series posts covering the tour of China I took with my parents back in May.  I finally published the last of these update earlier today. The following series of links take you to each post I've now published.
  • Read about our two-day whirlwind tour of Shanghai.  Highlights included the luxurious Grand Hyatt hotel and a waterfront stroll along the world famous Bund.
  •  
  • Our first day in Xian, the ancient imperial capital of China.
  •  
  • The magic of the Terracotta Warriors.
  •  
  • Some of the other incredible sights and sounds of Xian that you never hear about. I think the city walls are almost as remarkable as the Terracotta Warriors.
  •  
  • Our first day in Beijing where we visited the Temple of Heaven and later watched hundreds of people spontaneously dancing in a plaza outside our hotel.
  •  
  • Our visit to the Great Wall of China.  Mao Tse-tung once said you're not truly a man until you've walked along its ramparts.
  •  
  • A walking tour of the Forbidden City, just one of five cultural highlights we packed into our second full day in Beijing.
  •  
  • A grand Panda spotting expedition that left all of us speechless, including our guide.
  •  
  • My visit to Jingshan Park, one of the most extraordinary landmarks in all of Beijing.
  •  
  • Finally, my successful visit to the Tian Tan Buddha of Hong Kong following years of failed attempts.
You may also want to take a look at the June archive for posts on trips that Garry and I made to Adelaide and Canberra back in April. Enjoy the memories. We've had fun creating them!
 

No comments: